21 April 2010

I can see it now

Decided to mount my Dash Dyno rather than have the suction cup mount forever. The Dash Dyno has become a somewhat permanent fixture in the car while going through the tuning adventure as it has knock alarms and is able to display the OE wide-band O2 sensor among other things. It will likely be in the car through the summer until I am confident that I have a tune that won't destroy this new engine. My main concern and focus was that I wanted to be able to quickly remove the DD and cable to pop in another car if needed (2 phillips screws) and I wanted the DD pointed directly at me, as the alarm LEDs are recessed a bit and if not pointed at you they can be missed when flashing. Mission accomplished.

As I make metal products for a living I've decided to somewhat promote some of the low demand items I make on this blog as I come up w them. No heavy sell, just if you want one like mine it's available.

This mount is CNC cut from Aluminum and is texture coated with low sheen black. I think it blends reasonably well. It's held on w 3M VHB tape which sticks awesome and is actually rather easy to remove w the right technique (floss and a rubbing finger). If you'd like one of these mounts It's $19.50 shipped.
From MX5 general


From MX5 general


From MX5 general

No comments:

Post a Comment