15 December 2014

Time is a constant

2014 was a year of much driving and little wrenching for me and the Blue Meany. I did some suspension tweaks to the car but absolutely no performance or tune changes! I say this with great excitement because over the years it seems as though I'd spent equal parts tuning and twaeking as driving. While it's fun to tinker, it's more fun to shred.



 I've been using my DashDaq to measure baseline performance and changes, and decided to see if my engine was holding up to the ~13psi and a nice full season that included 260 or so autox runs, one track day, lots of parking lot shenanigans and roadway showdowns.

In the below picture you can see a pair of 60-100 runs from Sept 2013, and a pair from Oct 2014.


As you can see, there was no degredation in performance over the course of the year, so while my car may not feel as fast as it once did because I've gotten used to it, it's still running just as well as ever. 


No comments:

Post a Comment